Saturday, 19 November 2011

The Liebster Award

Today the extremely talented and kind poet Sarah James chose this very blog as one of her five choices for The Liebster Award. Wow! It was a lovely lift on a grey day. So I want to say a massive thank you to Sarah James and explain what it all means...

'Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.

If you receive the award, you should:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.

2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.

4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers and keep it going!'

Here are my 5 choices for the Liebster Award, all are blogs I visit often (I would have chosen Fergus McGonigal because I am always loitering on his blog but he got an award already today and one is enough for any poet):

Chrissy Dano Johnson: silver fin of hope is a place to find daily posts of haiku, verse, fiction and real life. Beautiful, intense writing that I never get tired of reading and luckily Chrissy writes a lot.
 
Diane Perry: working 2 write is a blog written by a passionate and hard working writer who is  crafting her writing and sharing her journey. The blog is interesting and always has good tips and inspires me to write more.
 
Charlotte Turnbull: the deadliness of leisure is a sharp, witty and surreal blog that has meandering thoughts and questioning posts, reviews, dialogue and prose. It always surprises me and that is a good thing. The writing can be hilariously scathing.
 
Melanie Ann Green: inkmeup designs this is a lovely blog that showcases the wonderful artwork, feltmaking, prints and designs of Melanie and I often visit to ponder what I will buy next.
 
Gary Longdon: Garyswordz is a brilliant blog because it has excellent poetry to read and an invaluable list of what's on in the poetry world as well as film reviews, blog lists and general artistic trivia.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me, and for introducing me to some new, lovely blogs I hadn't known about before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, your blog is excellent and I love reading your writing.

    ReplyDelete